Saturday, March 24, 2012

Je Te Vois (I See You)

Subjugated by this personality;
Eyes that ask and yearn and search,
A smile that hides so much pain,
Gestures displaying bits of truth.

Conversations long and enlightening!
Comfort level adjusted to just the right standard.
Light humor to calm tense moments
An understanding like shared experiences.

Slowly blinking rhythmically...
Even breath precisely taken.
Stares never fixed for too long,
Smiles always carefully measures.

Laughs released but somehow restrained,
Hands under chin, propping sorrow.
Never sitting still, feet always tapping,
Emotions controlled...proportioned!

Guard never let down too low;
Pretense that fears are non-existent 
True self hidden, chasing superficial dreams,
Image dependent on life-changing success.

Behind the veil...I see you
A heart caged up, I see you
Wearing that mask, I see you
Fading away fast, I see you

Trying to be cool, I see you
Pretending all is well, I see you
Wanting to belong, I see you
Afraid and alone, I see you

Insecure and unsure, I see you
Longing to be loved, I see you
Trying hard to adapt, I see you
Reaching for the stars, I see you

Run but you can't hide, I see you
With eyes open wide, I see you
With my heart reaching out, I see you
Without a shadow of a doubt, I see you!

No comments: