Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Don't Take It Personally

Do I really love this place?
This I always wonder!
I so often feel out of place
It’s like no one knows the stress I’m under

This world is often said to be so cold
Yeah people can be straight and direct
But the one thing I’ve never been told
Is why it’s a reason to not show respect?

So you’re in control... this, everyone can see
And the people around you conform
But let me make to know a little fact about me
Being weak and afraid ain’t my norm

We use differences in culture as an excuse
To continue to do as we please
And our power with ease we continue to abuse
To make others feel much less at ease

They tell me I have quite a lot to learn
I don’t understand because I’m so young
But I’ve always knew respect’s something you earn
And it’s a quality possessed by the strong


You’re just doing your job, yes I agree
But there are ways in which things are done
So just imagine I’m you and you were me
If I abused my position, I would be wrong!

Were my reactions to your curtness simply out of line?
I’m told I take things personally; you simply had no other choice
And this I have thought about, it’s been tapping in my mind
But I just hate when I can’t have a voice

The world is filled with people like you
This... I’m coming to understand
But you don’t intimidate me like you think you do
You’re just a coward and less than a man!

No comments: